Many new Thoroughbred owners are not familiar with how to access pedigree, race record, auction history, video replays, entries, results and workouts for their horses. The Jockey Club, through its subsidiaries equineline.com and Equibase.com, offers many ways to obtain this information, some free and others for purchase. Listed below are services offered by both organizations with a brief explanation including any associated costs. Click on any service to navigate to the affiliated website.
Information available on equineline.com
- Free 5-generation Pedigrees - View the sires and dams back through five generations for any Thoroughbred. Hypothetical matings, where you select the sire and mare to see the resulting pedigree, are also available.
- Free Auction Results - View the auction history for any horse, by sire, by dam, etc.
- Free Racing Recap - Results, charts and videos of stakes and allowance races as well as maiden winners for the past 60 days.
- Catalog-style pedigrees, individual race records, mare produce records, stallion reports - available for purchase - prices vary by report. Up-to-date and comprehensive reports are available for any Thoroughbred.
- Portfolio service ($2.49 per horse per month) - Unique service enables you to create your own custom portfolio of horses in training, mares and stallions. We’ll keep your Portfolio continually updated with the latest information about those horses and their offspring. Plus keep track of your revenues and expenses too. (See Free Feature Portfolios)
- Pedigree Analysis Program ($249 per year) - A unique and comprehensive pedigree research tool that draws from our global database - using the most accurate, up-to-the-minute Thoroughbred pedigree and racing information available.
- Video Replays – 35 cents per race or subscriptions available - Available on many equineline reports and in the Portfolio Service.
Information available on Equibase.com
- Free Race Entries, Free Race Results and Free Workouts
- Free Charts – Official charts are available for races back to January 1, 1991, and offer traditional result chart information plus a wealth of other result data for a comprehensive look at a race.
- Virtual Stable® – With the free Virtual Stable service, owners can easily follow the sport by receiving entry, result and workout notices via email for horses (and trainers and jockeys) they wish to follow.
- Equibase® Premium PP Programs – These programs offer a familiar race track program format, including more points of call, fractional times and scratch data, plus all the information provided in the popular Equibase® Basic PP Programs. The cost per program is $2.50 or subscription plans are available at savings of nearly 50%.
- Video race replays – Replays provide actual race footage from the starting gate to the wire with viewing from both a pan shot and head on angles. FREE replays of the year’s best racing – including all graded stakes races and ungraded prep races for the Triple Crown and Breeders’ Cup World Championships – are available in the Equibase Racing Yearbook™. Other replays are available to view with a subscription, with a variety of pricing plans beginning at $5.25.
You can create an account on equineline to purchase any product or subscription. The free services listed above do not require an account. Equibase customers can also setup an account to purchase programs and video replays. Again, the free services offered by Equibase do not require an account.
Take some time to familiarize yourself with both websites and you will have access to a variety of essential information for Thoroughbred owners.