The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association (ITBOA) is a non-profit organization responsible for promoting the breeding and racing of Thoroughbreds in Iowa. The ITBOA currently represents nearly 500 Iowa-bred owners and breeders and is active in a variety of Thoroughbred programs.
Stake race sponsorship - In 2012 the ITBOA sponsored 12 Iowa-bred stake races. Among these are the six Iowa-bred stake races on Iowa Classic night, the most exciting night of Iowa-bred racing during the year. The ITBOA also sponsors the ITBOA Stallion Stakes, two open races for horses sired by Stallions catalogued and sold in the annual ITBOA Stallion Auction. Nominations for these stake races are handled through the ITBOA office.
Legislative Action - The ITBOA works diligently in the Iowa legislature to protect and improve the Iowa Thoroughbred Program, while representing the best interests of all breeders throughout the state. The ITBOA developed and administers the Iowa Breeders Fund, which pays Breeders Awards, Stallion Awards and Purse Supplements for Iowa-breds.
- American Pharoah's Full Brother Set for Del Mar Debut
- Dream Dancing Edges Beau Recall in Del Mar Oaks
- Hunt Holds Off Itsinthepost to Win Del Mar 'Cap
- Collected Outlasts Arrogate in Pacific Classic
- Chief Know It All Digs in to Win Canadian Derby
- Conquest Panthera Takes Play the King
- Elate Dominates Alabama Stakes
- Girvin, Cloud Computing Work at Saratoga
- Proctor's Ledge Springs to Lake Placid Victory
- Stellar Wind, Irap Get to Work at Del Mar