The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association (ITBOA) is a non-profit organization responsible for promoting the breeding and racing of Thoroughbreds in Iowa. The ITBOA currently represents nearly 500 Iowa-bred owners and breeders and is active in a variety of Thoroughbred programs.
Stake race sponsorship - In 2012 the ITBOA sponsored 12 Iowa-bred stake races. Among these are the six Iowa-bred stake races on Iowa Classic night, the most exciting night of Iowa-bred racing during the year. The ITBOA also sponsors the ITBOA Stallion Stakes, two open races for horses sired by Stallions catalogued and sold in the annual ITBOA Stallion Auction. Nominations for these stake races are handled through the ITBOA office.
Legislative Action - The ITBOA works diligently in the Iowa legislature to protect and improve the Iowa Thoroughbred Program, while representing the best interests of all breeders throughout the state. The ITBOA developed and administers the Iowa Breeders Fund, which pays Breeders Awards, Stallion Awards and Purse Supplements for Iowa-breds.
- Smiling Tiger Filly Tops Barretts Sale for Hull
- Fault, Sweeping Paddy Head Pin Oak Valley View
- Tom Hamm Hired by Woodford Thoroughbreds
- Kentucky Approves Race Dates for 2018
- Record Prices Times Three at Arqana October Opening Day
- Twirl Supplemented to Keeneland November Sale
- Violence's 2018 Fee Set at $25,000
- Janney Stands by Criticism of Pennsylvania
- Some in Tieme, Hardest Core Seek Sycamore Score
- Celebration of Life Planned for Florida Horseman Parker