The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association (ITBOA) is a non-profit organization responsible for promoting the breeding and racing of Thoroughbreds in Iowa. The ITBOA currently represents nearly 500 Iowa-bred owners and breeders and is active in a variety of Thoroughbred programs.
Stake race sponsorship - In 2012 the ITBOA sponsored 12 Iowa-bred stake races. Among these are the six Iowa-bred stake races on Iowa Classic night, the most exciting night of Iowa-bred racing during the year. The ITBOA also sponsors the ITBOA Stallion Stakes, two open races for horses sired by Stallions catalogued and sold in the annual ITBOA Stallion Auction. Nominations for these stake races are handled through the ITBOA office.
Legislative Action - The ITBOA works diligently in the Iowa legislature to protect and improve the Iowa Thoroughbred Program, while representing the best interests of all breeders throughout the state. The ITBOA developed and administers the Iowa Breeders Fund, which pays Breeders Awards, Stallion Awards and Purse Supplements for Iowa-breds.
- Intimidate Digs in Late to Win King Glorious
- Shakhimat Gets Back to Best Form in Tropical Turf
- 'Cowboy' Possible for Pegasus After Harlan's Holiday
- Mo Cash, Tricks to Doo Impress at Tampa Bay Downs
- Aunt Babe Upsets NYSS Fifth Avenue Stakes
- Lewis Bay So Fresh, So Good in Rampart Stakes
- Mahoning Valley Increases Purses for 2018
- Homebred Tap o' Noth Lands Cape Guineas
- Litfin At Large: Handicapping Big Day at Gulfstream
- Juddmonte Purchases Second Uncle Mo Charity Season