The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association (ITBOA) is a non-profit organization responsible for promoting the breeding and racing of Thoroughbreds in Iowa. The ITBOA currently represents nearly 500 Iowa-bred owners and breeders and is active in a variety of Thoroughbred programs.
Stake race sponsorship - In 2012 the ITBOA sponsored 12 Iowa-bred stake races. Among these are the six Iowa-bred stake races on Iowa Classic night, the most exciting night of Iowa-bred racing during the year. The ITBOA also sponsors the ITBOA Stallion Stakes, two open races for horses sired by Stallions catalogued and sold in the annual ITBOA Stallion Auction. Nominations for these stake races are handled through the ITBOA office.
Legislative Action - The ITBOA works diligently in the Iowa legislature to protect and improve the Iowa Thoroughbred Program, while representing the best interests of all breeders throughout the state. The ITBOA developed and administers the Iowa Breeders Fund, which pays Breeders Awards, Stallion Awards and Purse Supplements for Iowa-breds.
- Australian Top Sire Redoute's Choice Dies at Age 23
- Works Over, Stage Set for Fasig Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Pioneerof the Nile Legacy Lives On at Gulfstream Sale
- Group Celebrates Legacy of Secretariat, Meadow Stable
- By My Standards Makes Believer of His Buyer
- Radio, Television Schedule for Florida Derby Week
- Kentucky Downs Race Selected for BC Challenge Series
- By My Standards Joins NTRA Top 3-Year-Old Poll Top 10
- British Columbia HBPA Secretary-Treasurer Yates Dies
- Trainer James Compton Earns Milestone 1,000th Win