The Iowa Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association (ITBOA) is a non-profit organization responsible for promoting the breeding and racing of Thoroughbreds in Iowa. The ITBOA currently represents nearly 500 Iowa-bred owners and breeders and is active in a variety of Thoroughbred programs.
Stake race sponsorship - In 2012 the ITBOA sponsored 12 Iowa-bred stake races. Among these are the six Iowa-bred stake races on Iowa Classic night, the most exciting night of Iowa-bred racing during the year. The ITBOA also sponsors the ITBOA Stallion Stakes, two open races for horses sired by Stallions catalogued and sold in the annual ITBOA Stallion Auction. Nominations for these stake races are handled through the ITBOA office.
Legislative Action - The ITBOA works diligently in the Iowa legislature to protect and improve the Iowa Thoroughbred Program, while representing the best interests of all breeders throughout the state. The ITBOA developed and administers the Iowa Breeders Fund, which pays Breeders Awards, Stallion Awards and Purse Supplements for Iowa-breds.
- Maiden Races With Sale Conditions Set at Saratoga
- Sistercharlie, Elate Earn Spots in NTRA Poll
- Maximum Security Completes Final Work for Haskell
- Haskell Coverage Highlights Week's Radio/TV Schedule
- 332 Entered for New York-Bred Yearling Sale
- Del Mar to Open Summer Season With Oceanside Stakes
- Gee She Sparkles Gets First Stakes Win for Race Day
- Saratoga Handle Rises by 2.5% for First Four Days
- Undefeated Break Even Takes Saratoga's Coronation Cup
- Del Mar Opens 80th Summer Season with Oceanside Stakes